We are finally almost all the way moved. We had our things packed up on June 14th and have been living in hotels and the houses of our family and friends ever since. We finally made it to our new home in Oahu on Friday and we are so grateful to be here! We don't have any of our things yet...beds, couches, dishes...but we have a home, air mattresses, borrowed pots and pans, and each other so life is great! We will be calling our adoption worker this week sometime and setting up a time to meet with her. She is the sweetest lady and we are glad to be able to work with her again.
I have been having a hard time with knowing what to do next. It seems that as our children are getting older, my desires to adopt an infant are getting smaller. I still think that it is a route we could go, but I have been thinking more about a foster/adoption situation with an older child...which I have previously been "scared" of. It really isn't up to me...seeing as we do not have the capabilities to create another child, but I have had recent confirmations that we do still have another child waiting to be part of our family. I continue to pray for the many women in the world who find themselves unexpectedly pregnant and unsure of what paths they should choose. I don't think adoption is meant for every unplanned pregnancy, but I do believe that many more girls/women would choose adoption if they knew what an amazing thing open adoption is. I may not have the option for an open adoption if we decide to pursue a foster/adoption, but I still think that is the best option for infant placements.
God bless you!
MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment